transcoding on-the-fly support?

フォーラム TuneBrowser transcoding on-the-fly support?

• このトピックには8件の返信、2人の参加者があり、最後にstoraidにより5ヶ月、 2週前に更新されました。
9件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 9件目 (全9件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
    storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki

I have a question.

does the TuneBrowser support the feature transcoding on-the-fly for unsupported format with UPnP renderer???

Tiki
    キーマスター

Hello.

audio/L16 support is similar to “transcoding on-the-fly”.  Because audio/L16 is fixed length format, so the TuneBrowser can response to random access from renderer while decoding.

storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki

I am loading the tracks from the CUE file.

But there will be a waiting, a prepare stream happened, situation.

what circumstances will there be transcoding on-the-fly working?

Tiki
    キーマスター

Well… for example, audio/L16 is used:

• Device supports audio/L16.
    • “Use ProxyStream to send files to the external UPnP Renderer” sets to “Auto” or “Always”.
    • “Use audio/L16” sets to “Yes” or “If possible”.

If “Use ProxyStream to send files to the external UPnP Renderer” is set to “NotFixed” and music file is placed in NAS, the TuneBrowser copy music file to local disk for ProxyStream.

P.S. “UseAudioL16::No” is bug. This means “No”.

storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki

Is it possible, before performing the on-the-fly transcoding operation, to buffer the generated temporary files (flac) into the system memory instead of storing them on the SSD/HDD?

This could be determined by a setting for the size of a RAM buffer. For example, with a default value of 2048MB, if the temporary file exceeds this size, it would be stored on the SSD/HDD, otherwise, it would be buffered into the memory.

Particularly, my aim is to reduce the number of write operations to the SSD as much as possible.

Thanks..

Tiki
    キーマスター

Hello.

I think you should use audio/L16 feature in your case.

storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki,

I have conducted a test by playing music using a CUE file.

Generally, for the UPnP renderer, a temporary file is generated on the local disk.

I am wondering if it’s possible for this temporary file to be buffered into the system memory, within the allowed size of the RAM buffer? For example, if the default RAM buffer size is 2048MB.

Ideally, the generation of a temporary file every time a track is loaded should be avoided, especially to avoid writing into the local disk(e.g., SSD).

And, the size of the RAM buffer is configurable.

My hope is to reduce the number of write operations to the SSD, in order to lower the impact on its TBW and extend its lifespan.

Thanks

Tiki
    キーマスター

I am sorry, but I do not plan to achieve such behavior.

What you are asking for is more like a dedicated internal RAM Disk implementation.

storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki

What you are asking for is more like a dedicated internal RAM Disk implementation.

that’s right. it’s like a RAM Disk..

I am sorry, but I do not plan to achieve such behavior.

okay, thanks

9件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 9件目 (全9件中)
  • トピック「transcoding on-the-fly support?」には新しい返信をつけることはできません。