• このトピックには8件の返信、2人の参加者があり、最後にTikiにより4日、 11時間前に更新されました。
9件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 9件目 (全9件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
    storaid
    参加者

Hi Tiki,

I have a suggestion.

It would be great if you could add a feature like a Volume Booster for individual devices. The default volume could be set to 100%, but it could be adjusted up to, say, 200%. For example, this setting could be provided under the WASAPI settings for each device.

Some audio devices, like soundbars, are easily affected by DSP tuning. I assume that when I set the volume to 30% using the remote control, the volume is sufficient when watching videos on YouTube. However, when I listen to music on TuneBrowser, the volume is really too low. Unless I adjust the volume with the remote control, the issue I mentioned persists. Some devices may have very low volume due to the impact of DSP and post-processing.

I hope you consider this suggestion.

Thank you.

Example:

Tiki
    キーマスター

Hello.

TuneBrowser can set preamp level per device. Perhaps this would suit your needs.

– TreeItem: Playback settings – WASAPI settings/ASIO settings – <DeviceName>
    – Property: Preamp – Preamp (dB) (-60dB~+10dB)

storaid
    参加者

Hi Tiki,

I’ve tried the preamp gain function that you mentioned, but the volume is still too low.

I tested it with a SONY Soundbar, and at 20% volume, the sound is acceptable when watching YouTube.

However, even with the preamp boosting the volume by +10dB in TuneBrowser, it’s still not enough.

Thanks

Tiki
    キーマスター

When you change the preamp value, does it change the volume you hear? Or does it not change at all?

storaid
    参加者

“When you change the preamp value, does it change the volume you hear? ”

Yeah, it does..

but still, the volume is too low with the SONY Soundbar…

Like this digital sound device, it’s easily affected by DSP tuning.

Thanks

Tiki
    キーマスター

I see. Thanks.

I’d like to increase maximum limit of this value in the next release.

Tiki
    キーマスター

The upper limit of the preamp has been extended in version 5.6.0. Please try it.

storaid
    参加者

Hello, Tiki,
    I’ve realized that gain(preamp) is not a good approach.

It changes the signal level, specifically the voltage amplitude, which is different from adjusting the volume. When I tested increasing the preamp to +20dB, it resulted in clipping in the soundbar’s speakers.

I think keeping the maximum gain at +10dB(prev. default).
    Can the volume signal strength be adjusted to increase volume without relying on gain?

Thanks

Tiki
    キーマスター

> it resulted in clipping in the soundbar’s speakers.

Yes, it will.

> Can the volume signal strength be adjusted to increase volume without relying on gain?

I’m sorry but I don’t intend to do it that way.

I’m going to return maximum value to +10dB.

9件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 9件目 (全9件中)
  • このトピックに返信するにはログインが必要です。