返信先: How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'?

フォーラム TuneBrowser How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'? 返信先: How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'?

Andrew ACTON
参加者

Hi Tiki

Reading the Q Channel to check the pre-emphasis bit would seem to be the ultimate solution!  From what I read that data is preserved in a ripped (.wav) music file.   That means TuneBrowser could dynamically check (at playback time) and completely eliminate any manually tagging for pre-emphasis.

I will certainly monitor the forum and the discussion for your news 🙂

In the meantime, the pre-emphasis solution in V4.9.0 is greatly appreciated and works!

Also:

(a) I assume you have seen the official Philips/Sony ‘Red Book’ Ref: ‘Compact Disc Digital Audio System Description Version March 2006’?

On p.41 the data format of the Q Channel is described in great detail (including all possible pre-emphasis values), data structure etc.

(b) I downloaded the program “CD Manipulator” last published in 2004! It seems to be able to perform deep analysis of the ‘sub channel’ data… perhaps that will provide clues to reading the Q Channel from a CD or WAV file?  Interestingly the source code is freely available from the author’s website.

(c) If you have time, can you consider adding a small indicator (like the existing ones for “SHAR” “EVNT” “BITP” “MONO” “WAIT” etc.) to illuminate and say “EMPH” when TuneBrowser has activated playback de-emphasis for a track?

Pleased you liked my instructions.  🙂

Cheers, Andrew