返信先: How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'?

フォーラム TuneBrowser How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'? 返信先: How does TuneBrowser handle CD (.wav) files with 'Pre-Emphasis'?

Andrew ACTON
参加者

Greetings Tiki,

This is great news, thank you again.

I have several CDs that use pre-emphasis … I will check those in TuneBrowser in the coming weeks (currently away from home).

In addition I have a copy of this Pierre Verany CD “Digital Test” Ref:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/recording-november-1988-ipierre-verany-digital-test-cdi

This CD is rather special because it is a very rare example where the same recording (track) has been INTENTIONALLY  recorded in the sub-code emphasis bit and off on the same music.  This is extremely useful for testing if the ripping process and playback pocess correctly manages the pre-emphasis bit.

Ref:

37. Analogue Desemphasis Circuit Audible Incidence: Music Recorded With Pre-Emphasis On – Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra/Kurt Redel

38. Analogue Desemphasis Circuit Audible Incidence: Music Recorded With Pre-Emphasis Off – Slovak Philharmonic Orchestra/Kurt Redel

If you ‘rip’ these tracks and look at the spectrograph of the waveform obviously different.  In addition if you listen to each track its very easy to hear the difference when the pre-emphasis is not handled correctly.

I will use these 2 tracks to test TuneBrowser.

Please give me a few weeks to respond with the results.

Regards,

Andrew Acton