返信先: d2d1_3.h to improve rendering performance?

フォーラム TuneBrowser d2d1_3.h to improve rendering performance? 返信先: d2d1_3.h to improve rendering performance?

storaid
参加者

Hello, Tiki

Well, I understand what you mean.

In your case,  the TuneBrowser doesn’t rely on many special effects.

If you’re not using a new interface or applying rich effects, such as ID2D1Device1 and ID2D1Device3, then I agree with your point of view that upgrading to the newer version won’t necessarily bring performance improvements.

Direct2D API provides richer effects with each update.

This is just my personal opinion, take it as you will.

Direct2D 1.1 to 1.3 have been out for over 6 years now, and I haven’t seen any updates to them.

Tiki, if you are worried about compatibility with older operating systems, such as Windows 8, I think you can stay with version 1.0

However, given that Windows 10 is commonly used now and it’s a basic requirement for your software, I personally don’t think there would be significant compatibility issues when switching to a newer version.

Current GPU including iGPU already provide at least DirectX 11 support.

Even the very old Intel Haswell GT2 iGPU architecture guarantees at least DirectX 11.1 support, with some features of DirectX 12.

Therefore, in my judgement, I don’t think using a newer version of Direct2D would cause significant compatibility issues.

It’s been quite a while since the Direct2D API was updated.

Thanks