返信先: playing music with external upnp renderer problem

フォーラム TuneBrowser playing music with external upnp renderer problem 返信先: playing music with external upnp renderer problem

storaid
参加者

Hello, Tiki
I have been testing the DLNA function of TuneBrowser for a long time in the past week…
This is not just limited to Denon devices, but also includes other brands of devices…
For example, the ifi Zen Stream network streaming device, which can get good sound quality at a mid-low price
I also wanted to test the SONY SRS-5000…
But the product function is really poor, so I quickly drop it. This makes me miss the old SONY SRS-X99…

There are many ways to test, such as:
1. Play songs randomly
2. Switch to another song randomly in the middle of playing a song
3. Crazy click the Stop button (in the old version, clicking the Stop button would interestingly help you play the next song)
4. Force close the program while playing music, and observe whether another song can be played normally after reopening
5. Wait patiently for all the songs in an album with more songs to finish playing
6. Switch to another device forcibly while playing a song, such as a DLNA device or an ASIO/WASAPI device
Anyway, no matter what, I did a long time of testing…
I think the current DLNA function is stable, except for some occasional minor problems…
For example, when the source device does not support the requested music format, this will cause TuneBrowser to perform re-encoding operations…
Sometimes, TuneBrowser just happens to be stuck in this operation stage, and then there is no action…
Then randomly click other songs to play, TuneBrowser seems to be stuck in the whole operation…
At this time I just have to close it and reopen it, and then return to normal…
I don’t know why? I didn’t check its packets either, because I think it’s hard to find any clues…

I think re-encoding this operation can be improved?
Or even provide Resampler options for users to choose…
Actually, my ideal(or dream?) is that can be offloaded by GPGPU, but I think this may bring some challenges to developer…
Because I am also a developer, but I am engaged in web development and some ERP or supply chain system development…
I have seen some SDK documents of GPGPU, but because the domain are too different.
Can’t understand the whole usage…
When I see products like HQ player that have similar functions, I am very envious…
(But HQ player is a product that I think is troublesome to set up)

Also, before playing music through DLNA devices, can’t you cache the music files to RAM first if RAMDecode/RAMDisk was enabled, and then perform DLNA-related HTTP protocol communication operations?

Anyway, no matter what, so far. TuneBrowser can work well in most cases except for some minor problems I mentioned above…
This is not only limited to DENON devices but also includes some other brands of devices that I have tested…
I can’t guarantee 100% that all DLNA devices can work well in TuneBrowser…
At least my feedback to you is much better than previous versions…
I hope other users can provide feedback, not just my test
PS: In the end, I still don’t know how Synology Audio Station allows DENON devices to correctly identify DSD music files as DSD sources without any re-encoding operations XD